Biden Can Reshape Economy, Fight Climate Change, Bash Wall Street Boogeymen
- Joe Biden plans to pay for his climate, infrastructure and jobs bill with higher taxes instead of deficit spending
- Democratic politicians have been scared off from ambitious deficit spending to avoid spiking interest rates imposed by so-called “bond vigilantes.”
- But investors demand safe assets like federal debt, so rates are extremely low, and the Federal Reserve can keep them low.
- Alex Yablon is a Brooklyn-based journalist and Contributing Opinion Writer.
- This is an opinion column. The thoughts expressed are those of the author.
- See more stories on Insider’s business page.
With a multi-trillion dollar relief package and an…