August 1, 2021
Markets

Derivatives Will Be Crypto’s ‘next Big Thing’ Says 100x CEO

Transcript

Lau: Is it time for traditional finance to merge with the crypto industry, or is Bitcoin’s leverage a red flag for investors? And will derivatives trading be the next step for digital assets?

Welcome to Word on the Block, the series that takes a deeper dive into blockchain and the emerging technologies that shape our world at the intersection of business, politics and economy. It’s what we cover right here on Forkast.News. I’m Editor-in-Chief Angie Lau.

Well, a recent survey by J.P. Morgan across 1,500 institutions shows that 49% of investors say Bitcoin is — as Warren Buffett said — rat poison or a temporary fad. The other 51% believe it’s here to stay and will become an important asset in the future. But as inflation rates continue to rise, prominent voices in the traditional finance space, such as the “Big Short” investor Michael Burry, warns that…

Read full article here: forkast.news