GLOBAL MARKETS-Asia shares left listless by mixed China data
* Asian stock markets : https://tmsnrt.rs/2zpUAr4
* China retail sales miss forecasts, industrial activity solid
* Nikkei slips 0.6%, but China blue chips resilient
* Gold reaches three-month high amid inflation hedging
* FOMC minutes loom later in the week
By Wayne Cole
SYDNEY, May 17 (Reuters) – Asian share markets turned mixed on Monday as data on Chinese retail sales missed expectations though industrial output stayed solid, while more evidence of global inflation pressures helped gold to a three-month peak.
Chinese retail sales rose 17.7% in April on a year ago, short of forecasts for a jump of 24.8%, while industrial output matched expectations with a rise of 9.8%.
The spread of the coronavirus was also a hindrance with Singapore to shut most schools from Wednesday after reporting the highest number of local infections in months.
Taiwan’s government on Monday had to reassure investors…